We believe that …
Using the deep learning text to speech services we can create low-cost audio versions of written resources which would increase accessibility and engagement. It would also enable us to create podcasts of our content and maybe a viable alternative to expensive video creation.
How critical is this hypothesis?
We aim to use this research to …
Create a proof of concept that embeds AWS Polly text to speech services in our standard WordPress offer enabling the automatic conversation of text to audio files. This would make the technology available to anyone who can edit our websites.
To verify that, we will…
- Embed AWS Polly in a WordPress website
- Create example audio files based on existing content
- Demonstrate the use of several available voices
- Survey some test users to see if they would listen to the generate audio
Low – AWS have donated $250 of proof of concept credits to our account to run this experiment.
- Audio files can be automatically created
- The majority of test users agree that they would listen to and use audio outputs
We are right if…
We can generate low cost audio files from text that users are happy to listen to.
Non-urgent advice: Experiment #004
Chris Witham, Ian Randall, Tony Blacker
- (Not yet complete)
Based on the Strategizer lean test card