Lab experiments will use surveys specific to a particular experiment as well as use passive analytics tools to track your use of the site in general for Digital Learning Lab research. The research is supervised by Jason Brewster and Ian Macintyre in the Leadership and Lifelong Learning division of the People Directorate at NHS England/Improvement.
- In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the information that you provide will be anonymised using a confidential numbering system, and any unpublished working documents in relation to this study will be encrypted to protect confidentiality and privacy and to maintain your anonymity. Only the named lab technician (researcher), the Digital Learning administrators and research supervisors will have access to your data.
- The only time that any information will be shared is as an aggregation of responses, ensuring that no individual will be identifiable in any reporting of this study.
- You have a right to ask for your data to be removed from our services up to the point of aggregating the results for analysis as outlined on the experiment cover page.
- Due to the nature of internet-based research, there are some aspects of your privacy that the researchers cannot have total control over i.e. unsecured internet networks or servers. However, steps have been taken to ensure that the research uses GDPR compliant survey software and all servers follow NHS security standards.
- Your personal data associated with a particular experiment survey will be permanently deleted at the end of the experiment. This, however, will not include any account details or user-generated data that you have created to access a particular course or service, any related services or experiments you may use or anonymised website analytics data.
- You have a right to stop participating in an experiment at any time.
- You have a right to ignore any optional questions that you do not wish to answer.
- At the end of a particular experiment, summary findings will be published online.
- Should you want to remove your data from our services or if you have any queries at all, please contact us.